About The Author
Lynda Young Spiro is a mixed media artist whose love of textiles, found objects and recyclable materials are incorporated into her colourful work. Lynda was born in 1959 in Hampstead, London, where she now lives with her husband and two sons. Her previous book Latch-Hooking Rugs is published by A & C Black. There is Always More to Say is her first novel.
Quick fire with Lynda…
1. I wrote my book because… I had this story I just wanted to tell. I wrote my book to entertain myself and to entertain others. I created this story from the ideas that were running around in my head. Ideas that materialized from my personal experiences and those of others.
2. My favourite time of day to write is… either very early in the morning or very late at night when there are no distractions and I can be my most creative and imaginative.
3. Music I listened to whilst writing There is Always More to Say… was a mix of all styles from Bowie to Doris Day, Carole King to Adele. Santana, Amy Winehouse and Prince also snuck in to my playlist. I love music with great beats and rhythms.
4. My favourite things to do when I’m not writing is… Dancing. Belly dancing, tap dancing. A little ballet and a lot of contemporary dance. Travelling and exploring new places and countries. Experiencing new sights and sounds. Spending special time with my boys. And painting. Walking. People watching is a favourite past time of mine too. It’s incredible what conversations you can overhear when sitting in a café which often inspired the characters and events in my book.
5. What I hope my readers will enjoy the most about my book is… I hope my readers enjoy reading the book as much as I enjoyed writing it. I know this is a cliché but it’s absolutely true. Opening the door of my story will hopefully show my reader the mirror of their mind.